Thursday, May 31, 2007

Walt Whitman

Walt Whitman was born on this day in 1819.


I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.

Ain't it so. I wonder how old he was when he learned that?
If any thing is sacred, the human body is sacred.

Ain't it so. I wonder how old he was when he learned that?

The genius of the United States is not best or most in its executives or legislatures, nor in its ambassadors or authors or colleges, or churches, or parlors, nor even in its newspapers or inventors, but always most in the common people.

Now I know he's rolling in his grave. I wonder what he'd think of the latest crop of Republican presidential wannabes. Or American Idol for that matter.

Whoever degrades another degrades me, And whatever is done or said returns at last to me.

OK, fine then. Never mind. I take it back.


Crossposted at a big ol' hairy pair of brass ones.

No comments: