Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Cultural Life Meme

Tagged by Seventh Sister for this one.

1. What am I reading at the moment?

Mostly blogs and Facebook pages. However, I did spend a bit of time organizing my book collection today, and got many reference books grouped together for easy access, as well as language books on another shelf, and a few books I'd like to read.

My goal is to start on last year's resolution (yes, the one for 2007 which I made in 2006) and start studying Spanish. But as far as books go, I pulled out The Time Falling Bodies Take To Light - Mythology, Sexuality & the Origins of Culture but William Irwin Thompson.

This was a required textbook for a class I took back in the 80s and from the position of the bookmark, it appears I got about 33 pages into it. I don't think I was ready for it then.

2. What am I listening to at the moment?

Aside from a retro burst of metal on Friday night, I'm still absorbing the KGSR Broadcasts Volume 15 set of two CDs which contains live in-studio performances by quite a few artists who passed through our town in the past year. I'm also listening to Ruthie Foster's new CD (and she's on the KGSR set as well).

3. What am I watching at the moment?

I usually start off the evening with either Food TV (especially if Alton Brown has a show I haven't seen) or politics. Then we segue into whatever movie yanks my chain. Last night it was The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I will tag: Pidomon, Sir Robin, Petulant, Cunning Runt (who is recovering from a wee bit of surgery and therefore must have time to read, listen and watch), and Burning Prairie.

No comments: