Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Texas Loyalty Oath

It's a good thing I have shifted my support to John Edwards since my state of Texas is attempting to block Dennis Kucinich from the ballot.
Democratic presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich, along with supporter
Willie Nelson, have filed a lawsuit to get Kucinich on the ballot in Texas after
they say the Texas Democratic Party rejected his application.

[...]

The lawsuit says that Kucinich was informed by the Texas Democratic Party
today that his application was "defective" because he crossed out a loyalty oath
in the application. The oath that said he would swear to support whoever the
Democratic nominee for president might be.

Democracy in action -- sans freedom of choice for those who have a conscience.

If I didn't love my home and Austin as much as I do, I'd have no problems packing my bags and leaving the Lone Star State. And I'm not ruling anything out, depending on which way the employment winds decide to blow. That's my loyalty oath, and the Texas Democratic Party can shove it.


h/t fellow feline fancier, Rebecca.

No comments: