Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Maryland Blows My Theory

I won't say my theory is completely invalid, because it's a fact that in open-primaries, there is crossover from both parties, and often with ill-intent. But as far as the impact on Obama's margin of victories it clearly isn't as much as I was speculating based on results from Virginia (open primary) and Maryland (closed primary).

Obama beat Clinton in Virginia by 28% and in Maryland by 22%.

But I'm sticking by the other points in my post.

The results map thus far, courtesy of the New York Times:

New York Times


I was disappointed in Clinton's results but I've got to give credit to Barack Obama for one incredibly rousing speech last night. However, Obama or Clinton had better be prepared to kick some spineless congressional ass once elected. For the life of me I cannot see what has improved since Democrats captured both houses of Congress.

No comments: