Thursday, September 03, 2009

Lock Up Your Children! Obama Wants to Eat Their Brains!!

Well, not really. But from the reactions of some parents you'd think that was the case.
On September 8, in what the Department of Education is touting as a "historic" speech, President Obama will be talking directly to students across the U.S., live on the White House website. But some parents and conservatives are blasting the president, calling the speech an excuse to brainwash American children.

The more I read the article the more astonished I became. I knew a Democrat in the White House was going to drive the lunatic fringe off the deep end and I expected to relish every moment after suffering through eight years of that last regime. Unfortunately, I'm not enjoying this as much as I had hoped. People are scarier than I ever imagined and I have a pretty vivid imagination.

If it's gotten this bad after a bit more than seven months, how bat shit crazy will these people be after 2 or 3 more years of this Kenyan-born, communist, brainwashing, Nazi, killer of old folks black man who wants to now corrupt our youth actually address a serious issue of vital importance?

The horror! Obama expects children to think while watching television! {Gasp!}
NBC spoke with Katie Gordon, a spokeswoman for the Florida Republican Party, who said the party's "beef" is with the accompanying lesson plans. The guide for pre-K through grade 6 suggests questions students think about during the speech, such as "What is the President trying to tell me? What is the President asking me to do?"

The plan for grades 7-12 includes a "guided discussion," with suggested topics: "What resonated with you from President Obama's speech? What is President Obama inspiring you to do?"

It is worth noting, as the article does, that George Bush and Ronald Reagan gave a televised speech to children nationwide. The Bush speech was anti-drug in nature; no brainwashing going on in that one, I'm sure.

No comments: