Thursday, July 27, 2006

SNAKE FARM: It's a reptile house

motherfuckin' snake in the motherfukin' house!!

txrad had gone through our laundry room into the garage to take something out to the dumpster today. Upon returning he noticed a snake about to enter the laundry room from the garage. He tried to close the door but the snake was already slithering in.

I knew damn well I should not have posted yesterday about snakes. This shit was bound to happen. He THINKS it's a garter snake, and said it was a baby, but given the fact that I've seen two young highly venomous coral snakes in the past year, I'm not 100% convinced until I see it myself. Unfortuately, I can't because it went behind the baseboard and behind the wall somewhere. We have a towel under the door between the kitchen and the laundry room, as if that would keep a baby snake out of the house.

So, I'll take advantage of this opportunity to tell you about a new CD from one of our local favorites, Ray Wylie Hubbard who has an excellent new release called "Snake Farm". We're listening now. It just seems so appropriate!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There is a "snake farm" down I-35 between Austin and San Antonio which supposedly inspired the album and song. We haven't been there but have passed it on the freeway. I doubt I'll be stopping anytime soon.

ewwwww... it's NASTY..

No comments: