Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Best Halloween Party Evah

I'm not a big fan of Halloween like some of my friends. I never dress up or participate (aside from my Janis about 3 years ago). I enjoy celebrating Samhain in the privacy of my own home, quietly.

So when I was invited over to a co-workers house last night I was fighting the urge to stay home. I finally decided to go and I'm glad I did.

The first segment involved sitting in the driveway of her neighbor's house with a parade of children in costume coming around for their tooth-rotting treats.

The scariest thing I've seen in a long time on Halloween was her boyfriend.

He was dressed as the grim reaper with a hideously frightening mask. He was on stilts. He was drinking liquor. He was wearing a mask he couldn't see out of and it was dark. And he was walking around children. Because he was so tall, he was storing his can of beer on the limb of a tree, directly above where I was sitting.

Tell me that's not the stuff of which nightmares are made.





After the kiddies all went to bed we retreated to the backyard of my co-worker where we began chatting and passing around a bottle of Tarantula -- Tijuana style. No shot glasses needed.

Damn. That was fun. It makes me wish I had done a reprise. I probably could have had a chance of winning our company-sponsored costume contest.

I'm ready, man.


No comments: