Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A Chilly Wine Night

After today's 25 degrees drop in temperatures from previous days, and lows expected in the low 40s, it's a perfect night to pop the cork on this lovely bottle.



A 2000 Old Vines Tempranillo Reserva from Spain. $12.99 and as succulent as some of my favorite Tuscan wines. I just need to get in the kitchen, whip up a pizza pie, put on a movie, and prepare to relax.

Speaking of movies, last week when there was a Halloween costume contest at my place of employment, one of the guys there was dressed and in character as Walter Sobchak from The Big Lebowski.

Supposedly he won first place in a Lebowski fest here in Austin awhile back, and hung out afterwards with The Dude (the guy portraing the dude, I mean the guy at the festival portraying the dude, not THE Dude, dude) and that just had to be a hoot and a half.



"Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!"

No comments: