Saturday, December 16, 2006

I Am the Lizard King

One of my daily chores during the summer months is lizard rescue. Sweet Pea loves to catch lizards and bring them to the patio. It's rather odd for it to be happening this time of year but we are having above average temps although the lizards are still more sluggish than usual.

Earlier this week I went to feed the two outdoor cats and there was a lizard beside the food bowls, and he was considerably larger than this one which I snared today. I came in the house to grab the camera, still holding the lizard and hoped he wouldn't start scrambling. The last thing I need is to drop a lizard in the house. I got outside, holding the camera with my left hand which is quite awkward, and managed to get a fairly decent shot. I gave my scaley skinned friend a few loving strokes and released him near a pile of rocks.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: