Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Magical Mystery Meme

I saw this at Shakes but was tagged by SAP. Four of the following stories about me are true, and one is false. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to identify the false one.

1. My uncle is a Harvard professor and author of many books about petrochemicals. That's sort of a niche market so it's not like he was going to achieve any huge notoriety. However, in the 70s he wrote a book which landed on the best seller list and ended up meeting with President Jimmy Carter to discuss energy policy.

2. I have been baptised at the Jordan River.

3. When I was 14 I attended a taping of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. It shouldn't have happened because you had to be at least 16 to be allowed in the audience. But I looked older than I was and nobody asked any questions. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet Johnny -- that was my dream. But I did shake hands with Buddy Hackett.

4. I once danced next to Kevin Bacon at a gay disco in Little Rock.

5. I was quoted in the January 11, 1982 issue of US News & World Report after chastising them for a negative story they published about punk rock.

I will reveal the false statement sometime after lunch on December 25.

I've been thinking about who I'd like to tag on this. I thought about Tart and the Disgruntled Chemist... while you're both hanging out in Tennessee, surely you have nothing better to do than accept my challenge.
But, I'd really like to see what Pam comes up with.


The answer has been posted here.


No comments: