Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Question of the Night

What one gift did you receive during the holidays that you absolutely have no use for?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I got this box from my mother around mid-December with explicit instructions not to open it until Christmas, or as long as I could wait, as if I'm some child who shows no restraint.

I waited until Friday, December 22 before ripping into it looking for money because I needed to go to the bank.

She always puts several wrapped gifts in one box and this was no exception. It contained the following:

*money
*a airline-sized pillow with a cat pillow case she made.
*two packets of hot cocoa mix. (I absolutely hate any kind of liquid chocolate although solid chocolate is one of my favorite things in the world.)
*a CD of religious music by one of my cousins in Mississippi (I'm wondering if I should wait and play it when I have tequila in the house.)
*a pair of itchy dress socks (like I need those! They're going straight to Goodwill this week.)
*a small box of Godiva (Yea!)
and lastly:
*a squeeze toy that is unlike anything I've ever seen. It's like a clear rubber ball with all kinds of colored balls inside it, plus a device that when squeezed will light up. I have that beside my bed in case I wake up on a dark night, perhaps I can use it as a night light.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is kind of cool. Very konaesque. All in all though, what a waste of postage. I wish she'd save her money and just send the cash. Only costs 39 cents to mail a big fat check!

No comments: