Monday, December 11, 2006

Kucinich Bashing Has Begun...

...on some of the right-wing blogs at least -- two of which are my competitors in the "Best New Blog" category. (I had to stop reading at two.) You'd think they'd have other things to be concerned about. But since they started it, I'll put in my 2-cents worth.


The liberal, anti-war Ohio congressman said he was inspired to run because he disagrees with the way some of his fellow Democrats are handling the war, including approval of a proposal to spend $160 billion more on the conflict.

I also disagree with spending another $160 billion on the conflict. I'm opposed to spending another $160 MILLION on the conflict. That's a pretty conservative opinion coming from a radical liberal.

Yo, right-wingers, listen up. All voices in the campaign have something to contribute. It's not ALWAYS about who wins, or who is likely to win. It's about what they have to say, what they can contribute, and perhaps influence.

Kucinich is not a "whackjob" because he is unlikely to win a single primary, or because he has been against the Iraq war from the beginning. And certainly not because he happens to be a vegan. (Oh, the horrors of that one in the eyes of the wingnuts!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I voted for the guy in the 2004 primary and if there's not an equal or better option in 2008 (that certainly remains to be seen) I shall not hesitate to do so again.

In the meantime, you folks have fun with your Dennis bashing. Far be it from me to spoil your intellectual fun. Really.

Addendum: Some of the latest poll data would seem to indicate Kucinich's views on Iraq may not differ very much from a majority of Americans.

Also, one of the links I provided goes to yahoo reader comments on the Kucinich story. Now there's some entertainment!

No comments: