Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Support Liberal Bloggers!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's an update on the 2006 Weblog Awards. Basically, if you haven't voted today, you have 3 more voting opportuntites between now and when the voting closes at midnight, December 15.


There are some very close races in which literally every vote counts.


In Best New Blog, Hang Right Politics is leading Lesbian Dad by a total of 11 votes. I was hoping to finish in 4th place, I had slid to 5th place this week, and now I'm in 6th place. I could use 70-80 votes tonight to safely put me back in 5th place. 4th place is pretty much out of the question since those have nearly double my vote total, or more.

Best of 3500 - 5000, Blue Gal is now ahead by 65 but please continue to vote for her. It's been very tight today and earlier today she was only ahead by a vote or two.

Best of the Rest of the Blogs 8751+, Property of a Lady is now in 3rd place (215 votes), behind LizaWasHere (346) and Dr. Melissa Clouthier (234). This had been a closer race as well, so please support Deborah and throw some votes her way so we can get her up from 3rd.

There are plenty of other categories which I obviously didn't list because I'm either not familiar with the blogs in the category (and the way this week is progressing it's unlikely I'll have time to acquaint myself with them) or they are blowouts already, such is the case with Pam's House Blend in Best LGBT Blog. Of course that's well deserved and I'm happy. Keep those votes coming, and I also support Republic of T in the same category.

Best Liberal Blog is another blowout. There are several great blogs in that category which makes it a fierce competition. I continue to encourge votes for Shakespeare's Sister, probably the most entertaining blog I've ever encountered.

Everyone is encouraged to leave comments with voting suggestions for any categories I didn't mention. And it'll be interesting to see, within a few hours from now, just how outdated these numbers are that I've posted already!

No comments: