Saturday, July 28, 2007

Living Room Renovation

I'm quite excited about how things are progressing. The walls are basically done. I've spent about 7 hours on it so far. I still need to do the trim which is going to take awhile. I have to tape around it and that will take almost as long as the painting itself. I'm guessing another 3 hours which probably means 4 hours.



Since I took this picture late this afternoon we have moved the leather sofa back into the room so we can watch Food TV. We have not viewed a TV show in almost a week.

One of the doors into the kitchen has been removed in case you are wondering where it is.

Now the bad news. We went to Home Depot today to select carpet, and they only had a very limited selection which could be installed in 3 business days. The rest of their extensive selection has to come from the mill and may take 3 weeks. We brought home a couple of samples we really like. That's why we decided to go ahead and set up the TV and move the sofa back in because we need a place to relax in the evenings if we're going to be waiting 3 weeks.

Initially I was really fond of this one in this color. It really compliments the green paint. And the pattern is interesting.



txrad liked this one but in a different color more similar to the one above. But after bringing both samples home, I'm starting to lean towards txrad's choice, and actually, this color isn't bad.



You can flip the big samples over and see all the available colors. I think we need to get drunk and decide, which is how txrad decided on the paint colors. Hey, what can I say? We're on a roll.

Feel free to vote on your favorites.

I would have preferred to put in wood floors or tile, but honestly, after hearing the echo from the bare concrete floors, I don't think it would be a good idea to have those materials in an entertainment room. We'd have to buy a rug and those things can cost more than carpet installation.

No comments: