Thursday, July 05, 2007

Nothing to see here, move along, move along..

Actually this is just a quick update to explain the light blogging which is likely to continue for an unknown amount of time.

My real paying job is sucking out a lot of my energy. And duties related to clean-up of my old company such as getting everything entered in QuickBooks, reconciling a few accounts, etc., is proving to be WAY more than I can do in the evenings, and more than I want to do on the weekends.

Creditors are still hounding me. I've contacted a lawyer but haven't received a call back yet. I'll ring him again in the morning and see if we can't get the ball rolling on some things before another weekend hits.

I'm ready to put that chapter of my life behind me as quickly as possible. Once that is done, perhaps I can relax a little and regain my momentum with this blog. Nothing is more frustrating than finding something I want to blog about and just don't have the time.

Of course, having about $150,000 fall in my lap right now would solve most of my problems.



Let's turn this into a Question of the Day. Forget anything you ever heard or read about money not bringing happiness. How much money would it take to make you happy?

For me, one million would do the trick. And that's not much in a world where CEOs haul in far more than that annually. The first thing I'd do is pay off my mortgage which would leave roughly $870,000. I could pop that into a relatively safe stock paying a decent dividend and perhaps clear $50,000 per year. With no mortgage, I could easily live well on that amount. Of course I'd insist on txrad keeping his day job!

No comments: