Saturday, April 28, 2007

Does The Drama Ever End?

I love my job. I really do. And it came along, as fate would have it, when I was most desperate for a good steady income. There's a lot of politics involved in upper management and it may have taken a rather ugly turn yesterday.

I am responsible for buying and managing a portion of a television advertising campaign for a client with one of the most well-known names in America. It's a lot of work but I am good at what I do, and at this stage in my life I can't think of much else I'd rather do, at least in terms of jobs with a steady source of income. Plus I have virtually no supervision (my boss works from the east coast).

So why did my boss have to stir up such a shitstorm yesterday? She went above the head of her boss to some of the higher ups and, accordng to my source, claimed that we were all frustrated with management and about ready to quit, among other things. Yeah, I have issues with some aspects of management -- we really don't have any to speak of. But I'm not about to walk out the door because of it. One of my co-workers is frustrated and may quit, but she lives on the east coast as well and the issue with her has been a lack of training and frustration with our boss.

So apparently, we're going to be keeping our boss, who will now be reporting to a new boss on the first floor, and rumor has it we may be reassigned to the first floor of our office, away from the head of our department and our other colleagues.

One of the issues I have had is with the poor level of communication. This isn't going to help if we're going to be separated from the rest of our department. It makes no sense.

I'm also rather baffled how management could make such a decision based on information without discussing it with the people affected, and to get the other side of the story. As I said, communication is an issue there.

Due to this, I'm not really in a blogging mood today.

No comments: