Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tequila with a Beer Chaser...

... is exactly what I need after a day like this. Of course part of the reason I had a day like this was due to tequila with a beer chaser LAST night. It's a viscious circle.

For some reason this week I'm maintaining over 100 visitors a day which is considerably higher than what my average had been since starting the new job in January. So, thanks to all who are visiting, and especially commenting. Welcome!

Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown was born on this day in 1924.



In 1973, 19-year-old Declan "Costello" McManus played his first solo gig in Twickenham, England. He would change his first name to Elvis by the time his 1977 debut, My Aim Is True, was released. And to make things really freaky, he married Diana Krall.

In other music news, we walked across the street from work this morning and got to see Ruthie Foster sing a couple of songs live on KGSR. Free food too! I had myself a cranberry scone and a cup of coffee, then grabbed a bottle of water on the way out. It's all part of a fund-raising benefit for our local Capitol Area Food Bank.

Slaid Cleaves is playing there Thursday morning. Should I take the camcorder and get my own video?

No comments: