Monday, April 09, 2007

Fifty Questions (including one which makes no sense)

I stumbled across this one over at Kelly's spot this weekend and I was in a meme mood, so I snatched it.

50 Questions

1. How tall are you barefoot?
About 6'1"

2. Have you ever smoked heroin?
No

3. Do you own a gun?
Never have... except a BB gun.

4. Who's your best friend?
Aside from my cats, I'd have to say txrad.

5. Do you get nervous before "meeting the parents"?
A little bit. We hadn't been together very long when I met txrad's family. They're very nice and it was a pleasurable experience.

6. What music are you embarrassed to admit that you listen to?
I'm really not embarrassed to listen to any music I enjoy. And there are things I love in every genre. I'm really not into that mega-pop superstar crap. Britney Spears comes to mind. I'm not saying they are talentless; far from it. I just think it's misdirected talent. I used to cringe because some of these people would probably knock me for a loop if they ever just sat down on a stool, stopped prancing around in expensive outfits and dumped the light shows and pyrotechnics, and just... SANG. It's too much "show" at the expense of the music. I used to lump Christina Aguilera into that category and I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I'd like anything she did until she came out with "Back to Basics." I don't own it but I do like listening to it. But I'm more surprised than embarrassed.

7. What's your favourite Christmas song?
I don't celebrate Christmas and I tend to despise those songs. But I do like hearing Fiona Apple do "Frosty the Snowman."

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Coffee.

9. Can you do push-ups?
Do I have to?

10. Why does one question always disappear?
"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" That's what Kelly said. I can't think of a better answer.

11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
It used to be an earring made by a friend of mine. I'm quite sure it went down the drain in a Vegas hotel some years back. I like pretty much anything made of sterling silver.

12. Do you like painkillers?
No. I relish pain. Actually I take aspirin when I need them. That's about as far as I go with painkillers.

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Acting gay.

14. Do you own a knife?
My favorite is my chef's knife. I have a pocket knife or two somewhere.

15. Do you have A.D.D.?
Only when I drink too much tequila.

16. Middle Name?
DeWitt.

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
I'm sick of winter. I'm hungry. I'm anxious.

18. Name the last 3 things you have bought:
tequila, tequila, tequila.

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink:
coffee, water, beer

20. What time did you wake up today?
Wake up or get up? I think I woke up at 4:00. I got up about 5:10.

22. Current worry?
finances and having to take my company down the road to bankruptcy.

23. Current hate?
being cold.

24. Favourite place to be?
In my kitchen.

25. Least favourite place to be?
Probably standing in a long line at the post office. I got a postage meter to avoid that agony.

26. Where would you like to go?
Ireland and Norway.

27. Do you own slippers?
No. Birkenstocks probably don't count.

28. What shirt are you wearing?
a Dickies long-sleeve.

29. Do you burn or tan?
I would burn if I wasn't careful.

30. Favorite colour(s)?
yellow and purple

31. Would you be a pirate?
Preferably not.

32. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?
Last night. (Hell, that's better than saying this morning, isn't it?)

33. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don't sing in the shower but I often have songs in my head. Sometimes I make the songs up in my head in the shower.

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
Dolls that talk when you pull those strings on their backs.

35. What's in your pockets right now?
Nothing except a hole.

36. Last thing that made you laugh?
Watching Doris Day in That Touch of Mink.

37. Best bed sheets you had as a child?
Any that I didn't pee on. What a stupid question.

38. Worst injury you've ever had?
Probably getting hit by a car that was pulling out into the street. I was on a bicycle and went head over heels. I got up and had someone come fetch me and we went to a coffee shop like nothing had happened. Then about 2 hours later I had to go to the hospital to be checked out. I could barely move for the next two days.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house?
Three, but only one gets used.

41. Who is your loudest friend?
I'm not saying because she reads this blog.

42. Who is your most silent friend?
I don't seem to attract silent people.

43. Does someone have a crush on you?
I'm not aware of anyone.

44. Do you wish on shooting stars?
I have in the past but I don't see them very often. I doubt I'd make a wish.

45. What is your favourite book?
World Almanac & Book of Facts.

46. What is your favorite candy?
I'm not a big candy fanatic. I never complain when someone sends me Godiva.

47. What song do you want played at your wedding?
Assuming I ever get to have a wedding in the state where I reside, I think I'd want to pick something with an emotional kick.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral?
I'd like to put together a compilation to be played if someone wants to do a memorial service. I don't want a funeral. The compilation would probably contain a variety of music that ties together nicely and summarizes my life. Or I could take the somber route and just do a bunch of tearjerkers. HA!

49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night?
Sleeping.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning?
Will I be able to sleep another hour without taking a pee?

No comments: