Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's My Birthday And I'll Cry If I Want To

Since there aren't any noteworthy birthdays today for me to blog about (aside from Charles Mingus, Eddie Albert, Aaron Spelling, Glen Campbell, Jack Nicholson, and Peter Frampton), I can devote this post to my own birthday. Besides, I would be very unhappy at the prospect of being upstaged by a bunch of lesser-knowns.



A couple of other interesting events occurred on this day:

In 1793 President George Washington attended the first circus in the US, and in 1864 the US minted a 2¢ coin which happened to be the first appearance of "In God We Trust" on coins. What a mistake that turned out to be. I'm a firm believer in the separation of God and money.

It's kind of a crappy day down here in Austin TX. Cloudy, drizzly, dismal. Very much reflective of the mood I've been in lately. txrad is about to go to the office to do some work so we won't even get to do anything fun this afternoon. He hasn't even wished me a happy birthday. He did issue a directive my way: "You can clean up that cat vomit." Nice. Happy Birthday to Me. That, my friends, is exactly what I wanted to do on my birthday.






.........Black Soap..........

No comments: