Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Some Democrats Might Support McCain?

According to a new Gallup poll, a "sizable proportion" of Democrats are willing to vote for John McCain if the Democratic Party nominee isn't to their liking. Because we all know for a fact that John McCain would be so much more effective than either Clinton or Obama.

Christ.
This is particularly true for Hillary Clinton supporters, more than a quarter of whom currently say they would vote for McCain if Barack Obama is the Democratic nominee.”

It looks as if some Clinton supporters are so opposed to Mr. Obama, and some Obama supporters so opposed to Mrs. Clinton, that those supporters say now that they would flee to the Republican before they voted for the Democratic rival.

[...]

Still, Gallup suggests that all is not lost. Historically, the pollsters say, voters who are distraught over a primary candidate in the spring often return to the fold by the fall.

Then what's the point of this poll? I don't need another excuse to get my panties all knotted up in my crack.

Despite the nasty negative tactics which have rendered me apathetic about the outcome (and let's get to that outcome asap, OK?), there is no way in hell I'm voting for John McCain no matter how pissed off I become at either one of the Democrats. And right now I'm pretty damn pissed off at one of them. (I'm not naming names but she is the ninth cousin twice removed of Angelina Jolie. Who gives a shit??)

And honestly, there's a part of me that believes a Republican deserves to inherit the stinking fucking cesspool created by two terms of Bush. We are up against a wall and quite a few uncomfortable issues will have to be addressed in the next couple of years. Issues with solutions, which if addressed properly, are not going to be without a lot of pain to the average American. Under the circumstances I'm amazed that anyone would want to be the next president. And yet they are scrambling for it like children playing a game of musical chairs in kindergarten.

Photobucket



Whatever. I'm not voting for McCain. Is this our punishment for finally breaking the race and gender barrier to the White House in the same campaign? No unity and a willingness to go with four more years of the same if we don't get our first choice?

Wake me when it's over.

No comments: