Friday, August 17, 2007

Before and After

I have a subscription to Architectural Digest and they have an annual "Before and After" issue which always makes me laugh. The reason is because the "after" shot always looks like a totally new room in which you can hardly ever see any fragment of the former room because they usually gut the place and start over -- and they have the money to do it.

Here are some more realistic before and after shots of our foyer which I finally finished today (except for the inevitable minor touch ups which you won't notice in these shots).

Before:



After:



A contrast shot from the living room looking towards the foyer:



My flash tends to drown out some of the green and make this appear more yellow than it really is. It's definitely a mix of green and yellow though and I'm quite happy with it. The foyer was dull and uninteresting before, and now it seems to be an extension of the living room. I was a bit concerned with how the paint would work with those tiles, but I think it's fine. I'm happy.

Tomorrow I move on down the hallway to the bedrooms. My goal by the end of the weekend is to be done with the hall and both bedrooms. We shall see.

No comments: