Sunday, August 19, 2007

Extreme Bedroom Makeover

BEFORE:



AFTER:


Well, not quite, but a definite improvement.

Last week, I had goals set as follows:

Wed-Fri: paint trim in hallway and two bedrooms.

Sat: paint master bedroom.

Sun: paint guest bedroom.

I fell a tad behind because trim takes SOOOO friggin long to do. And because after working a 9 hour day, I just couldn't bring myself to come home and start painting for 45 minutes to an hour each night during the week.

So, Friday afternoon I left work at 3:00, came home and painted the foyer. This was not a priority because the floor is tiled and not being carpeted. But I was happy I got that done because visually it is an extension of the living room.

Saturday I got up and started on the trim in the hallway and the master bedroom. That seemingly minor project consumed the entire day.

Sunday, I finished painting the hallway by 10:00 and started on the master bedroom after my only meal out this weekend. I even managed to squeeze in a quick nap, and finished the bedroom by 6:30 tonight.

There's always touching up to do but the bulk of that project is done. I just have one much smaller bedroom to do (trim AND paint) before the carpet arrives.

The hallway is particularly nice and refreshing. Keep in mind this is the old shit-brown carpet that will soon be replaced. I used the same "dried palm" yellow-green which I used in the foyer since I had plenty leftover.



The bedroom was painted with the same sage green which was used in the living room because I had an unopened gallon leftover and needed just about every drop of it.

Right now, I'm feeling pretty damn good.

No comments: