Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Business Is Business; I Respect That

So...
we had this department staff party today from 1:00 til whenever. For us it was like 6:30. But we got to bond with our work associates in a way that is impossible in the office. There's something about letting your legs dangle in a pool of water while drinking a beer that makes people open up. And when it's on the company dollar, alll the better.

And when someone brings out an ashtray so you can smoke while soaking, all the better.

I'm feeling pretty good about things again. I learned some things.

But honestly, I did not want to leave. I wanted to let my legs dangle for hours in the water.

I'm going to put on my time card that I disengaged at 5:00. And I still get an hour of overtime. The rest is my loss. Or my gain. Depending on your point of view.

But I ALWAYS put the toilet seat down when I was done.

No comments: