Monday, August 27, 2007

A Glorious Monday

Yes indeed, folks. All it takes for me to declare a glorious Monday is free booze at work.

I knew it was going to be a party for the bulk of the day. I had a 9:30 meeting, then a company-wide 10:30-12:00 meeting which included a congratulatory video sent in by none other than President Bill Clinton, and then a company-sponsored buffet lunch (with a separate buffet line for vegetarians -- no waiting!) from 12:00 to 2:00, and THEN a company-sponsored happy hour from 4:30-7:00.

We got lots of unexpected news including a name change, a new sign on the front of the building, a new president, a new logo, new email address, free t-shirts, caps, and booze in the afternoon, with lots of loud music.

Two very strong margaritas and 1 1/2 beers later, I called it a day and came home, with an obligatory stop at the liquor store to keep the buzz alive.

Yes, I do love my job.

No comments: