Monday, September 03, 2007

8 Things Meme

About a month ago (yeah, I know! I've been crazed.) I was tagged by maurinsky.

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and that they should read your blog.
5. 8 is a magic number. Not three.


Thems the rules - here are the random things about me:

1. While there are many things I hated as a child and learned to love as an adult, butterscotch is not one of them. It absolutely makes me want to retch just thinking about it. So why am I? Let's move on.

2. In the months prior to starting college, and even several years into college, I evaluated practically every college in the country trying to decide where I really wanted to be. I also considered practically every available major. As a result, I was familiar with hundreds of colleges and could pull trivia out of my head about each one of them.

I spent about 9 years trying to decide and eventually ended up with the most generic worthless degree imaginable: Bachelor of Liberal Arts with minors in general business, French and German. I also attended more colleges than the average Joe: three University of Arkansas campuses at Fayetteville, Little Rock, and Monticello, as well as the University of Denver, University of Colorado, Harvard Summer School, and a summer at Université de Montpellier in France. The stint at the University of Denver lasted all of one week. I'm certain my parents wanted to kill me. I did eventually get that parchment from Little Rock.

3. While in Little Rock, I attended the governor's ball one year and shook hands with Bill and Hillary.

4. My first vehicle was a forest green Dodge Ram pickup. I wish I still had it. It would be seen freqently in the parking lot at Home Depot and at Natural Gardener.

5. Excessive clutter and dirt make me insane. (And yes, I live in clutter right now.) I like for everything to be organized, neat and tidy. I keep my shirts hung in the closet grouped by color.

6. I am obsessed with maps. I have a ton of them stashed away in the house. Sometimes I'll just sit down and spend 20 minutes flipping through a U.S. Road Atlas. Recently I redemed some American Express mileage points for $150 in Barnes & Noble gift cards. I plan to buy a really nice World Atlas.

7. I am also obsessed with statistics from the US Census Bureau. This started in my early teens. I could spend hours poring over the data and if I were to calculate the total amount of time I've spent looking at the data, it would probably amount to many weeks.

8. The fastest orgasm I've ever had in my life was in a jetted hot tub. It was unplanned and did not involve me touching anything of mine. It happened in about 6 seconds. Ever since then I have longed to own a hot tub. Those high pressure jets are wonderful.

Tagged: Portly Dyke, Jennifer, Sherry, Isabelita, Angelos, The Red Queen, Tonya, and Tata.

Because this meme is so old now, some of you may have already been tagged by others; if so, just point me to the post on your blog.

No comments: