Sunday, September 09, 2007

All Show and No Substance

This is one of my big pet peeves. I think music and entertainment DO mix, but I do NOT think entertainment should ever, in any way whatsoever, overpower the music, when it's supposed to be all about the music.

Take any of your big pop stars today. There's your example.

Watch the MTV Music Video Awards.

They should just remove the word "music" from it.

The video should supplement the music, show you the pain and the emotion.

Instead it's just a cheap fucking Vegas show.

And I despise it.

And it's an infomercial for The Palms.

My God, marketing has gone to a whole new level.

And let's not forget that ART is not allowed to enter the picture, and by that I mean art as honesty.

We must bleep all the "bad words."

It's like airbrushing away Mona Lisa's smile, and making her thinner as well.

While still claiming it's great original art.


Bovine excrement.

No comments: