Monday, September 17, 2007

Fashion Flashback

Question of the Day:

What article of clothing have you ever thrown out or given to charity that you wish you'd kept?

Ten years ago, before moving to Austin, we were doing a lot of purging to keep the move as light and efficient as possible. I gave away a bass guitar and amp that I sort of wish I'd kept, I gave up a futon that I wish I'd never bought, and I gave away a fringe leather jacket that I'd purchased at a flea market way back in my Little Rock days. I think I paid about $100 for it and it was vingtage 60s hippie Dennis Hopper Easy Rider stuff. I'd give anything to have that back.

I also wish I'd hung on to a few t-shirts from concerts or those which I simply purchased because I liked the band. I had a bright yellow Buzzcocks shirt and a Siouxsie & the Banshees shirt. Those are missed.

txrad never seems to purge anything. This weekend while cleaning the closet shelves of all clothing I ran across several shirts of his. One was from the Who concert he went to in San Diego before we met.

And then there's this jewel from his high school days or shortly thereafter. Damn, he still looks hot in it.






Posted primarily for Lisa in Bismarck and Lori in Duluth.

No comments: