Saturday, December 13, 2008

Food From Scratch

txrad has a great question of the day:

What do you make in the kitchen from scratch that most people buy already made in a store?

I make pizza dough from scratch, and pie crusts. And thanks to Minstrel Boy, cranberry sauce. God I LOVE that stuff!

txrad takes it to a whole new level. I have been trying to get him to make burger buns and for the past few weeks he's been doing it. He also makes the veggie sausages for our pizza topping and he makes BBQ sauce for our burgers. We used to buy veggie sausage at the store and it was about $3.49 per tube.

I would like to start making the veggie burgers from scratch instead of buying Boca. I love their spicy chik'n veggie patties but lately they've been sold out at HEB. I could remedy that problem very easily.

No comments: