Wednesday, July 02, 2008

McSame is Getting More Same

I told myself I was going to ignore politics for the rest of my life during my 5-days off, but this just gives me heart a flutter. McCain has put Steve Schmidt in charge of day-to-day operations in the midst of the 2nd campaign shakeup in a year.
Mr. Schmidt is a veteran of President Bush’s 2004 re-election campaign and he worked closely with Karl Rove, who was Mr. Bush’s political adviser. His installation at Mr. McCain’s headquarters sharply diminished the responsibilities of Rick Davis, who has been Mr. McCain’s campaign manager since the last shake-up nearly a year ago.

This next bit just cracks me up.
The shift was approved by Mr. McCain after several aides, including Mr. Schmidt, warned him about 10 days ago that he was in danger of losing the presidential election unless he revamped his campaign operation, according to two officials close to the campaign.

And now, another step in the direction of Bush 2004 is going to save his ass?

Wow. Just when I was getting pissed off at Obama for various and sundry things, suddenly all is forgiven.

Crossposted at Big Brass Blog

No comments: