Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Rains Came

We had 1.4 inches of rain in the last 24 hours thanks to Hurricane Bertha (?) Betty (?) (where's Hurricane Bitty??) -- I've been too busy to pay much attention, but anyway, the snails have reappeared suddenly.

One question: How in the hell do these things maintain their moisture during the 2 months of drought we've had?



And it's raining again as I write this post.

Click this one to embiggen if you feel so inclined. (I know some of you do, Bob and Jennifer.)

txrad and I were out on the patio overlooking kona ranch and I noticed this snail. It's one of the bigger ones we've seen. I jokingly referred to it as a "large snot" to borrow from the late beloved George Carlin.

txrad wanted to vomit.

He was faking it. I know he loves these things as much as I do.

No comments: