Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Obama for Change Traitor

This is why you don't and have never seen a graphic on my website supporting the Big O for President. I was supporting him (a couple of times actually) but never was able to fully commit myself to supporting him with a banner ad.

I still suppose he's better than the alternative, but at the rate he's going in helping to push through bills which President Bush is eager to sign, I'm beginning continuing to wonder.

This vote today is bullshit.
More than two and a half years after the disclosure of President’s Bush’s domestic eavesdropping program set off a furious national debate, the Senate gave final approval on Wednesday afternoon to broadening the government’s spy powers and providing legal immunity for the phone companies that took part in the wiretapping program.

The plan, approved by a vote of 69 to 28, marked one of Mr. Bush’s most hard-won legislative victories in a Democratic-led Congress where he has had little success of late.

[...]

The issue put Senator Barack Obama of Illinois, the presumptive Democratic nominee, in a particularly precarious spot. After long opposing the idea of immunity for the phone companies in the wiretapping operation, he voted for the plan on Wednesday.

[...]

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York, who was Mr. Obama’s rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, voted against the bill.

I am not happy about this. Not at all. So once my trust has been eroded, how the fuck can I vote for the guy?

'Tis a pity. I wanted real change. If he does this shit during a campaign season, what can I expect once in office?

More of the same?

As txrad just pointed out to me, "but you voted for him." (In the Texas primary.)

I replied, "yes I did, and today I can barely stand to look at him."

Nice going, Obama. Looks like another 3rd party vote forthcoming for me in November. The country is fucked to hell anyway.

No comments: